- This event has passed.
A doctor of ministry course that explores pastoral ministry from a biblical, theological, cultural, and historical perspective. Topics include:
- The biblical foundations of pastoral ministry
- The pastor and ministry of the word
- The pastor and pastoral care
- The pastor and personal holiness
- The pastor and public worship
- The pastor and church administration
- The pastor and church government
- The pastor and his public life
- The pastor and contemporary American culture
- The work of the pastor in historical perspective
- The pastor’s self-care
Lectures present a theology of Reformed pastoral ministry and its application to the life of the pastor and his work. Class conversations offer time to discuss the challenges and opportunities of ministry, and to work together toward developing a biblical theology of ministry and practice. Class members are experienced pastors, and will learn from each other during the week.